Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

Tennessee Blogs

Frequently Used Tools:




May 5, 2008

The End of One Chapter.... The Start of Another



It's that time of the year again, where the hustle and bustle of exams meets the excitement of almost being done. Except this year, I'm not as excited. It's incredible how four years of your life can leave you in the blink of an eye.

I remember when I first came to UT, I was excited, but I was really excited about getting through college, finding a job, and being on my own. I guess things change when you are faced with those decisions and the thought that you are leaving a place that you have called home for the past four years.

I don't mean to be a downer because in some ways I am very excited about what is ahead. I thought for my last blog I would offer a little bit of advice for you future college students as well as says a few thank you's and goodbye's.


To my boys:
You know who you are. We have had an incredible past four years whether it was tailgating, going to BWW to watch the Braves, going to concerts, studying until the wee hours of the morning, playing ping-pong, doing inappropriate things at Lipsync, or just grabbing some Gus's at 2Am. You guys have been incredible, and I know that each of you will go great things one day. Thanks for all that you have done for me, and please keep in touch. I'll see you guys at the island.



The parents:
I don't even know where to begin. I know that it was difficult for yall to let me go away for four years, but I want to thank you for giving me the opportunity to do so. I have learned so much and grown in so many ways. When I think about how I want to live my life and how I want to raise a family, I always look right to you guys. Yall have been an incredible influence on my life, and I could never fully repay you for all that you have done. Thank you so much for investing in my life. I promise one day it will all pay off. I love you guys so much, and I am so grateful for all that yall have done for me.

The Group:
There are so many incredible organizations at UT, and you guys are definitely the best. Being apart of this group is the greatest honor I have ever received. Yall have influenced me and my way of thinking in so many ways and for that I am very thankful. I know that you all will continue to do great things for the University. Remain nameless.

Keaton:
I don't know many relationships that start their first five months together nearly 1000 miles from each other, but I do know that you are worth the long distance and the wait. I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of you and your accomplishments. You are the strongest person I know! Thanks for seeing this through with me, and I promise one day I will make it worth it for you! Continue to chase your dreams and know that I will always be there to help and support you. "There's nothing fancy about the way I love you, but it sure is fancy how you love me."

Prospective Students:
I know exactly where you guys are right now. I remember being in High School and feeling excited and nervous about the opportunity of going to college. College is a great place and can be some of the best four (or five) years of your lives! My advice for you is never take a single moment of college for granted. There will be good times and there will bad. There will difficult days and there will be incredible opportunities. When you leave college, you may never remember all the different meetings you attended or every test that you struggled to study for, but you will remember the unique moments that have defined your college career and the friends that you made along the way.

Good luck to everyone and thanks to those who influenced my life. Until next time, stay classy Readers!

• • •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home