Skip to Main Content

The University of Tennessee

Tennessee Blogs

Frequently Used Tools:




March 27, 2008

Study Group



Some people study best by themselves, but I have realized over the past four years that I perform much better when I study in groups. I've been very fortunate to have the same study-buddy for the past three years. Drew and I started studying together when we took Organic Chemistry our sophomore year. That group has now grown, and it has only made for a better study environment. When we all get together, we like to spread all our papers, laptops, books, and food and get cracking on whatever test is coming up. The picture to the left was taken the other day while we were studying for our biochemistry exam. I told you that I would let you know how it went, and I think we all did pretty well. I know I made a few dumb mistakes when I was rushing through the 5 page test, but overall, I felt fairly confident about it.

Undergrad has really helped prepare me for what's to come in Dental School. Starting your freshman year, you begin to develop your own study habits (hopefully good one's) and see what works best for you. I'll be the first to admit that coming out of high school I did not know how to properly study or prepare for tests, but now I feel more confident than ever that with a little preparation and trying my best to avoid procrastinating, I can do well on a test. That's a little tid-bit of wisdom from me. Anyways, expect another blog coming soon. I've got a really big weekend coming up, and I can't wait to tell you all about it! Until then, Stay Classy Readers.

• • •

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

« Home